Monday, July 27, 2009

Vyvanse Takes the "Me" out of Me

I don't know what it is, but I'm a different person on Vyvanse. I have stopped taking it everyday, for now. I'm just going to use it from now on in a per-need basis. For instance, when I really need to do a lot of reading, write a paper, cover letter, or resume, Vyvanse would really help. Otherwise, it doesn't seem worth taking it lately just to do routine stuff. A lot of what I am trying to do right now is more creative than anything, and the medicine takes that away. For the more busy days where I need to be able to focus for long periods, I'll take it.

Normally I'm a bubbly, friendly outgoing guy. With Vyvanse, I'm not anything like myself. My girlfriend doesn't like when I'm taking it. My friends even say that I'm super quiet and un-interesting LOL! This might be time to start Adderall or Adderall XR. I think people who take that seem more outgoing and friendly when the med is in their system.

One of the lamest parts of all of this is how I'm barely any more organized on Vyvanse. When I took Zyban / Wellbutrin, my organization was scary good. Everything was clean, organized, tidy at all times, at home and at work. I would consider taking that again for the ADHD / ADD alone, and to help quit smoking, if it didn't have so many damn side effects!

Going to talk to the psychiatrist and see what he thinks about all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment