Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Free Vyvanse / Appetite / Reading




I forgot to mention a while back that my initial prescription for Vyvanse was free. The psychiatrist who prescribed it, gave me a card that gives your first 30-day prescription for free. However, while filling this prescription I found out that my insurance doesn't cover the drug. I must have mis-read Anthem Blue Cross' prescription drug formulary, because I don't think they cover any name brand drugs. Knowing this, I decided to go with it anyway, as I'm planning on having a new job soon and hopefully better insurance which would cover brand name drugs. If not, my plan will at least cover generic Adderall, and maybe generic Adderall XR. That still won't help with the supposedely required once/month visit to keep the prescription. The first psych visit was $30, the next one is $70, and after that they are supposedly $170!

The "withdrawal" period last night was better than it has been before. I could tell when the drug was wearing off, but it didn't tire me out so much. It's probably because I have also been sleeping better.

A note on appetite: The first couple of days, my appetite didn't decrease at all. For the last 4 days or so, it's been down quite a bit. What I've been doing is just making sure that I eat a solid meal when I would normally be eat before starting Vyvanse. It's too soon to tell about weight loss.

Reading: I have been doing a good job with reading. It's not a miracle drug, that will make you read 10x faster or not become distracted by anything, but it definitely helps. It's great to be able to sit down and read for more than a half-hour at a time now!

3 comments: