Friday, July 17, 2009

Vyvanse - Day 2-3

Well, as it turns out, I haven't been able to get much sleep, just due to circumstances. Monday night, before taking the first pill, I was nervous and didn't sleep too well.

Tuesday night, I was up late (4AM) talking over some issues my girlfriend was having, but slept like a rock after.

Thursday - last night, possibly due to Vyvanse, I was tossing and turning, all through the night.

Yesterday was pretty good, although instead of testing my focus by reading, as intended, a lot of the day was spent taking to a friend. She said that I "seemed more focused and less off-topic" than usual". That's good...

With all of that said, it's somewhat hard to gauge the effectiveness of the drug at this point.

Sailing last night went pretty well. I felt a little more focused than usual, even with the drug pretty much worn off. Afterwards the girlfriend and I went to dinner with some friends, by that time I could feel the Vyvanse wearing off. It seems that when it's wearing off, there's a sudden fatigue and a bit of nervousness for some reason.

I'm dragging big time today, with barely any sleep last night. I'm meeting up with friends for the usual "Friday Guys Night" tonight, and could probably nap for 4hrs if there was time.


Day 2:
Vyvanse (30mg):
Wake time: 10AM
Take pill: 10:30AM
Onset: 11:10AM
Peak: 2PM
Offset: 5PM

Effects: little bit of dry mouth, normal appetite, awake, calm

Activities: talked to friend, read, CAD, bit of cleaning

Side effects: from about 12 Noon for about a couple of hours, 2-second headaches in different parts of my head, normal appetite

Overall: Felt pretty focused at Border's, slightest bit of difference in physical feeling. Less fidgety, less changing sitting position, steady, relaxed.

Day 3:
Vyvanse (30mg):
Wake time: 8AM
Take pill: 9AM
Onset: 10AM
Peak: 1PM
Offset: 3PM

Effects: dry mouth, normal appetite, focused, tired, calm

Activities: reading at B&N, met with friend for lunch, errands, creating charger for bluetooth

Side effects: only a couple of those 2-second headaches today, very tired, but that's my fault

Overall: I felt pretty focused today, just extremely tired. This drug is definitely not going to make up for lost sleep.

2 comments: